Location: Remote Canada or US (Current team is in Calgary and Edmonton)
Sparrow’s a spunky, silicon-valley funded, product company based in Alberta that’s looking to transform the world of internal corporate communications. Why? Because at the end of the day we believe everyone deserves to feel engaged and properly informed. We believe in building trust that if you’re getting that message, it’s because you either you wanted to or you need to.
We’ve grown to the point where we need someone to take the reins on product marketing, to lead the way on building brand, focusing our messaging, breaking down the competition, and driving demand generation campaigns. It’s time we start laying down long and mid-term strategies to ensure we continue to grow, and we’d like it to be you.
Our ideal Director of Product Marketing is an owner, someone who can lead but is still up for getting directly involved. They understand the fast-paced nature of startups and love the amazing opportunities it creates. They also appreciate a leadership team that understands the difference between Marketing and Sales.
You will be a key member of our team with responsibilities ranging from:
· Leading our company's marketing efforts by evaluating and developing marketing strategies and plans
· Branding, messaging, and market positioning
· Designing and executing a demand generation strategy
· Writing demand generation content
· Executing inbound/outbound campaigns
· Research our competitors and determine competitive advantages and messaging
· Working with the Product Team on feature ideas, setting priorities, and communicating releases
· Enabling our sales team by training, providing message, and content for at each stage of our sales funnel
We are looking for rock stars and rising stars, not hot shots. Team player beats anything else in our universe.
About Your Cover Letter
Please submit a cover letter and let us know about you! What do you enjoy? Got a particular passion? And ideally, what are you seeking? Let us know!
At Sparrow, we are a passionate tribe with varying interests from anime to Star Trek, from photographing nature’s wonders to lovers of Dungeons and Dragons, from seeking great food to writing great books.
Our culture is rooted in three key ideas:
- Health & family first. If we take care of each other, we’re also taking care of our customers
- No blame – we are one team. It doesn’t matter who identifies the issue or where it came from, we all ask how we can help.
- And being the mentors we wish we’d had earlier in our careers. Grow those around you and listen and learn.
· Evaluating and developing our marketing strategy and marketing plan.
· Planning, and executing marketing efforts.
· Communicating the marketing plan.
· Researching demand for our product.
· Working with sales department to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
· Identifying potential customers.
· Research our competitors and determine competitive advantages and messaging.
· Working with the Product Team on feature ideas, setting priorities, and communicating releases.
· Developing promotions.
· Developing and managing advertising campaigns.
· Building brand awareness and positioning.
· Supporting sales and executing lead generation campaigns/efforts.
· Coordinating marketing projects from start to finish.
· Organizing webinars, trade shows, and other marketing related events.
· Overseeing social media marketing strategy and content marketing.
· Design KPIs to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities and campaigns
· Report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using pre-determined KPIs
You must have
· Significant experience (5 years minimum) as a SaaS product marketer.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
· Experience in marketing and running a marketing team.
· Proven marketing campaign experience.
· Strong copywriting skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Professional and proactive work ethic.
· Strong project and stakeholder management skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.
To be considered for this position, you will need a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or communications. You will also need to have proven experience in building a marketing team and running marketing campaigns.