Location: Remote Canada (Current team is in Calgary and Edmonton)
We're looking for a senior developer to join our team and bring some additional strength to a key part of our product platform. In particular, we are looking for those with strong web-skills and leadership to lead our new Web Portal initiative, or to help in our backend of REST APIs and magic.
As a member of the product team, you'll be helping transform internal communications at companies, making people feel more engaged and be better informed. You'll have input on features and where we're going, and be working directly with our CTO to prepare Sparrow's data-side for a next generation leap in value delivered to the customer.
Sparrow’s a real silicon-valley funded product company based in Alberta. We’re looking for developer to join our product team and help us deliver on more of our roadmap faster as we take the world by storm. Every day, Sparrow helps our customers get the right information to the right employees across many distribution channels. Connected and informed employees are more productive, more engaged and happier. We believe everyone should feel that way.
At Sparrow, we are a passionate tribe with interests that range from anime to Star Trek to Dungeons and Dragons to food, good code, photography, reading… hmm, we may be a bit nerdy, but we don’t apologize for it. Our culture is centered around a few key ideas: health & family first, no blame – we’re one team – so how can we help and being the mentors, we wish we’d had earlier in our careers.
The type of people we’re looking for are the type who enjoy owning things, who love learning from others and sharing what they know, and who are highly adaptable. Being a small start-up, there’s lots of opportunity to grow and try things out.
Your Cover Letter
Please submit a cover letter and let us know about you, what you enjoy and are passionate about. We'd like a glimpse into who you are and what you're after.
You will be a key member of the product development team and working with our CTO, designer, and development team.
You will be doing one or more of the following (let us know if you're an across the stack or have a strong preference)
- Architecting the growth and evolution of our platform with the other senior developers and CTO
- Designing and Implementing endpoints/services to enable features across our entire platform
- Designing and Implementing changes to our Cosmos and other databases
- Designing and Implementing changes to our React interfaces
- Leading our Web and Analytics Portal team
- Helping architect our future
You will also be
- Responsible for Pull Request review and participation
- Working with a fantastic team that believes in supporting each other, sharing what you know and learning from your peers
- Providing your ideas for enhancements and improvements to our product (we don't just want you for your amazing ability to code)
- Adding to the team knowledge, culture, and having a positive effect on morale is key
- Fixing bugs and helping customers when the need arises is a part of dev life
- Provide expert input and advice in relation to technical design, standards, and best practices.
- Identifying potential risks and issues.
- Collaborating on project plans, work plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to development, solution deployment, and service delivery
Legally able to work for a Canadian company (Permanent resident, citizen, open visa)
7+ years experience with:
- Architecting scalable solutions
- Leading small development teams
- Significant experience in at least one of the following areas
- Designing and implementing Endpoint services (micro-services)
- Creating web applications (ideally using React, Typescript)
- Connecting to services like Azure backend technologies (Azure Functions, CosmosDB, SQL, Blob storage, Message Queues, Cognitive Services)
- Ability to give and take feedback well
- Passion for products and start-ups
- A Quality-centric Mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to bring some order to some chaos
- Strong team skills
Salary, stock options (seed-stage!), benefits.
Ideally, you have a computer science or software engineering or related degree, but we know degrees don’t mean everything. Any relevant certifications and training courses, are things we want to know about.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Make sure to include a cover letter and tell us something about you. What are your passions? What type of role are you looking for? What is it about Sparrow that has you excited?
$75,000.00 - $110,000.00